Increasing Sales Staff, Distribution, Suppliers, Product Offerings
EAST WINDSOR, Conn., Aug. 22, 2014 – While technology companies are typically consider the top source of economic growth, in Connecticut manufacturers and related companies, such as Specialty Packaging, LLC, Four Revay Road, are leading the way.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported this month that manufacturing was the biggest job gainer in the state in July, adding 1,000 jobs and growing 0.6%.
Managing Partner Christopher L. Orsini estimates that Specialty Packaging, a national supplier of packaging equipment, films, parts and service, has grown by 15% over the past year. In addition, the company has:
- Increased its sales force to 11 people.
- Opened a distribution facility in Londonderry, N.H.
- Added some of the top suppliers in the industry, such as Sealed Air Corporation, Elmwood Park, N.J.; International Paper Company, Memphis, Tenn.; Intertape Polymer Group, Montreal, Canada, and Loveshaw, South Canaan, Penn.
- Added new product lines from Sealed Air and Intertape Polymer Group.
- Earned distributor recognition awards from Berry Plastics, Evansville, Ind.; Starflex Packaging,Pointe-Aux-Trembles, Quebec, Canada; Wulftec International, Ayer’s Cliff, Quebec; AEP Industries, Inc., Montvale, N.J., and Intertape Polymer Group.
“We now have 25 employees, up from 15 employees just 18 months ago, and about $19 million in annual sales,” Orsini said. “We are also well positioned to continue growing as the economy improves. We will continue to grow not only by providing the products and service our customers are looking for, but by continuing to add high-caliber employees and by looking to acquire companies that can further enhance our product offerings and reputation.”
Specialty Packaging was formed in 2012 by four co-owners with more than 100 years of combined experience. In addition to Orsini, managing partners include Keith Streib of Ellington, Conn.; Donald D. McLeod of Longmeadow, Mass., and William Bailey, President and CEO of Specialty Printing, LLC in East Windsor.
Specialty Packaging has extensive capabilities in package design, sourcing, distribution and logistics. It provides customers with packaging and shipping products. Primary markets served include food packaging, general manufacturing and distribution centers. Specialty Packaging also has an in-house packaging equipment department, and offers customers new and used equipment, along with parts and service.
About Specialty Packaging, LLC
Specialty Packaging, LLC (www.specialtypackaging.net) of East Windsor, Conn., is a national supplier of packaging products, equipment, parts and service. The company has extensive capabilities in package design, sourcing, distribution and logistics. Company owners have a combined experience of more than 100 years in the packaging business.